Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Off To a Very Bad Start

 June 8, 2021

Peter was picking me up at 9:30 a.m. for my appointment at West Allis.  San Camillo called to arrange an evaluation of my condition.  The man said he could be over at 10:30 a.m.; a very bad time, because that's exactly when my appointment was at WA.  I took garbage to the refuse center and still had to get my devices from my car to take to Spectrum.  As I was leaving my apartment, Peter was at my door, furious that I wasn't waiting for him in the lobby.  He had to check in, plus put on a mask.  He used some very strong language and would not quit.

Peter dropped me off and I was taken well before my appointment time.  I thought I was going to have another biopsy, but the radiologist said she was not aware of it.  I was going to have a very thorough ultrasound to check some questionable areas.  It was a very long procedure and surprisingly, I was not that uncomfortable lying on my back.  The radiologist sees some area that needs further looking into, but perhaps the recent biopsy is making that harder to detect.  She suggested either having another biopsy very soon, or waiting a couple of months and having another ultra sound; I opted for the latter.  I called Peter to pick me up while he was having coffee.

We drove to Spectrum to drop off my devices and terminated my service.  Going to the car, Peter said he heard of people in wheel chairs and walkers for many years and all of a sudden they are able to get rid of them and are perfectly fine.  Their pain is only in their heads.  Suggesting that my pain is purely mental.

We had cheese sandwiches at Oscar's, then took a slow ride home, very slow.

When Peter dropped me off, I asked him how did he know when to pick me up when I was through at WA.  He said, "Don't you remember?  You called me". That's my point.  This entire episode could have been avoided if he had parked the car, called me and said he was outside.  He would not give up.  I did not have the courtesy to be in the lobby waiting for him.  He had the last word.

Zach arrived at 3:00 p.m. to evaluate my condition.  He had a positive outlook and I should get better with a few exercises.  I did a couple of stretches, one on the bed with my knees stretching over my hips and another stretching across the table.  He will see me twice weekly: Monday and Wednesday at 10:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment