Thursday, June 10, 2021

Walker Replacement

June 10, 2021

 I was considering not going to the Austrian American picnic because I would not be able to load the walker I have from Claude into my car.  Actually, I'm confined to use it only in the building for that reason.  I called Dr. Waheeddooden's office to see if he could put in an order for one.  Only my primary care physician is able to do that.  I called Dr. Gundamraj's office and she won't be in until Monday.  I would have to make an appointment to see her for her to evaluate my condition to see if I needed a walker.  The nurse suggested that I look into Walgreen's or Walmart.  I followed up on that with varying results.  Walmart in New Berlin seemed to have something that I was looking for and had one left.  Peter was over in no time and we took off.  After lifting the box, he thought it was just as heavy as the one I have.  I did my grocery shopping while I was there and we met Eunice.  I told her why I was in this store and she suggested Kneuppel's on Greenfield Ave, not too far from where we were.  Peter was familiar with that store also.  It was out of business.  Next we went to    on 76th St.  There were a few models to choose from.  The clerk chose the lightest one and fitted it for me.  I think it should be just right.

We drove home, Peter unloaded the groceries and brought them upstairs for me.

I was just in time for Happy Hour followed by dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment