Saturday, June 5, 2021

First Saturday in June

June 5. 2021

I went to Walmart on Capitol Dr. for my phone and some groceries.  I was surprised they did not sell liquor; I wanted to buy wine for Jay and Laura, plus I would need wine and some beer.  I looked up the closest liquor store which was on Brady.  I put a quarter in the meter and at first went to the wrong store, which was out of business.  A man directed me to Smith's Liquor store which was up some stairs and very narrow with a Middle Eastern woman at the counter.  She helped get me what I needed, but I was not able to carry all of that down the stairs to my car.  A man graciously came to my aid.  Thinking back, I could have gone to the Metro Market.  Walgreen's was right across the street, so I picked up my Rx.

I had a snack of cheese and crackers and tried to rest for a while.

Peter came a little after 5:00; fortunately there was a cart available, he said there were two.  There wasn't any when I came with my groceries, or a little later when I went to my car for the rest of my groceries.  I changed my thinking about feeding the birds; storing seed and the mess made me decide.  I packed up the rest of my seed, dishwasher powder and three reams of computer paper to give to Jay and Laura.

Laura was thinking of eating indoors because it was quite warm.  We decided to enjoy the outdoors.  It was warm, but not humid, and there was a slight breeze.  Good choice.  We noched until Laura put chippotle shrimp on the grill served with green bean salad and bread that Jay made.  We had angel food cake with strawberries and ice cream (butter pecan for me) for dessert.  A most enjoyable evening.

Peter took Oakland Ave. as far as Brady, but we somehow missed Van Buren and got very far north.  We had to find SRS with the GPS.  Peter called much later saying he got held up by the bridge going up for the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment