Friday, June 18, 2021

Party Time

 June 18, 2021

There were two opportunities for Happy Hour yesterday: one in the Trattoria, the other a bus trip to Tess's, 2499 N. Bartlett Ave.  I opted for the latter.  We were seated in a lovely outdoor garden.  I had a margarita, others had various other drinks.  The waitress brought out delicious small loaves of warm Italian bread, and came with a second serving.  We all wished more would have taken advantage of this outing.

We had a later dinner.  I had a very good BLT.

I stayed up and read, hoping that I would be able to sleep, but that was not the case.  Terry let me use some of her cold packs, but I was fighting with them through the night.  And with all the twisting I had more pain than before I started.  A miserable night.  One good thing, we had a much needed good downpour.

I had my hair done today, picked up meds at Walgreen's on Loomis Rd. and came back just in time for the June Birthdays.  There were little pockets of meat and vegetables, relish tray with fruits and vegetables, beans, and of course, birthday cupcakes.  A trio was playing in the background and stopped for us to sing "Happy Birthday".  We have reservations at 6:00 p.m. at George Pandl's.  

We had a lovely table in the shade.  I had perch with pancakes; pancakes were nothing to rave about.  I had to ask for croutons, when people were offered them without asking.

Afterwards, Peter drilled holes in my balcony planters.


No comments:

Post a Comment